ESP32-S3 Parallel 3.5'' TFT with Touch
We know that the ESP32-S2 Parallel 3.5'' TFT doesn't have Bluetooth, which can make it lose some functions for short-range communication. But if we choose the ESP32 3.5" TFT Touch with Camera, some customers feedback they want a higher speed display. So we can't give up its high refresh rate for use, with the esp32-s3 published, we choose it as the main control IC to diver the TFT display.
That is why we publish this latest ESP32-S3 Parallel TFT, compares to the S2 version, not only more SRAM and ROM, the Bluetooth 5.0 make it fit for applications such as local monitoring/controlling.
This ESP32-S3 is configured 3.5" 320x480 TFT LCD to driver ILI9488, it uses 16bits parallel line for communication with ESP32-S3, the main clock could be up to 20MHz, making the display smooth enough for video displays. With this display, you can freely create more IoT display projects.
- Controller: ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N16R2, PCB Antenna, 16MB Flash, 2MB PSRAM
- Wireless: Wifi& Bluetooth 5.0
- LCD: 3.5 inch TFT LCD
- Resolution: 480*320
- Color: RGB
- LCD interface: SPI
- LCD Driver: ili9488
- Touch Panel: Capacitive
- Touch Panel Driver: FT6236
- USB: Dual USB Type-C(one for USB-to-UART and one for native USB)
- UART to UART Chip: CP2104
- Power Supply: USB Type-C 5.0V(4.0V~5.25V)
- Button: Flash button and reset button
- More interface: 1I2C; 11GPIO
- Backlight Controller: Yes
- MicroSD: Yes
- Arduino Support: Yes
- Type-C Power Delivery: Not Supported
- Operation temperature: -40℃ to +85℃
- Dimension: 66mm84.3mm12mm
- Weight: 52g
Warning: Don't operate when in power supply on
If you not install CP2104 driver on your PC, install CP2104 driver first CP210x Driver.
To ensure the running environment, the same version is recommended.
1.Install the Arduino IDE V1.8.19.
2.Install the ESP32 boards supporting V2.0.5
- Select “File>Preferences>settings>Additional Boards Manager URLs” to fill the link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_dev_index.json
3.Click “Tools>Board>Boards Manager” to search for and install the ESP32 library:
4.Install LovyanGFX library V0.4.8
- Click “Tools> Manager Libraries” to search for and install LovyanGFX library.
5.Select and set the parameter in the Tools menu, as the picture:
Note: Different PC has different Serial COM number
In this demo, ESP32-S3 Parallel 3.5'' TFT with Touch as a USB HID to display the function of the keyboard.
So you can get the code from GitHub.
Then open the file*touch_keyvborad_V2*.
In the code, you must modify as your own WiFi-Configuration
Verify it and upload.
So, we can look at this video as an example which is show the effect of ESP32-S3 Parallel 3.5" TFT with Touch as a USB HID.
About the refresh rate
Sure we know it's the best advantage is the refresh rate. Compared with ESP32-S3 SPI 3.5" TFT with Touch, It can exhibit a faster refresh rate. Now you can find out through the video below.
About the LVGL
LVGL open source graphics library is a hot point in the development board with screen. Through development, we can design our own GUI. we will show an example as follows.
The open source code provide from @radiosound-com:https://github.com/radiosound-com/mak...
By using the Mabee CO2, we can detect the Temperature/humidity/TVOC/eCO2 in the room, and we want to make the colleague can see the measured result where in Another office. So, we try to use a web page to display the measured data, in the LAN.
- install the ESPAsyncWebServer library and ESPAsyncTCP library in GitHub to the Arduino library.
- Open the example>>ESP32S3_dgp30_WEBSERVER_V1.2 in GitHub
- Verify and upload the code. When the program is uploaded successfully, open the serial port
- Enter this ip address in the mobile phone or website, you can see the same data as the screen。
You can list your question here or contact email@example.com for technology support. Detailed descriptions of your question will be helped to solve your question.
- Q: Why the display fails to respond sometimes I touch?
- A: The touching interface is loose, please reconnect it.